What I like about the ClearCanvas Image Server 1.3:
- Streaming to ClearCanvas Workstation. (i.e. You don't have to download the series to your local machine in it's entirety.)
- Nice clean interface
- Easy to configure
- Nice rules engine
What I don't like about ClearCanvas Image Server 1.3:
- Runs on Microsoft SQL Server (I find it difficult to use compared to MySQL, I also battled to get MSSQL 2008 Express Edition running on my machine)
- It consumes a lot of resources.
- No log view in the web interface.
- Web interface does not display correctly in Google Chrome.
What I like about ClearCanvas Workstation 1.3:
- Image Streaming when used with ClearCanvas Image Server.
- Still way better than any other free Windows Dicom Workstation.
What I don't like about ClearCanvas Workstation 1.3:
- It is still a little heavy on resources.
- Some interface tweaks need to be done.
Things I would like to see in ClearCanvas in the future:
- Server side user account management. (Active directory integration as well. i.e. LDAP Authentication)
- User profiles stored on the server that allow for user preferences to "follow" a user.
- More logging capabilities as well as things like email allerts.
Once again I have to take my hat off to the boys and girls at ClearCanvas for pushing thier system further ahead of the pack. I am very impressed with relatively "young" system which seems to progress so rappidly. I look forward to exploring this release more.
I am even thinking of migrating my current 10TB Conquest server to ClearCanvas. I am just worried becuase the system has not yet been tested on Windows 2008 Server x64 so I may have to take the plunge and check for bugs!
Anyway check out www.ClearCanvas.ca for more info.