- Download & Install Visual C#2008 Express Edition
- Download & Install ClearCanvas SDK 1.3
- Take note of the path ClearCanvas spits up with it error regarding the Global Assembly Cache. (C:\Program Files\ClearCanvas\SDK\1.3\bin\vswizards\ClearCanvas.VSWizards.dll)
- Register the wizards in the Global Assembly Cache:
- Find the gacutil.exe file on your computer. (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin)
- Open command line and go to this directory.
- run the command below (use the path as shown in the error message.)
- gacutil.exe /i "C:\Program Files\ClearCanvas\SDK\1.3\bin\vswizards\ClearCanvas.VSWizards.dll"
- Install the visual studio templates:
- Find the template files in the following folders:
- Copy the template files to the following folders:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VCSExpress\ItemTemplates\1033
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VCSExpress\ProjectTemplates\1033
- Now register the templates by running the following command at command line:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VCSExpress.exe" /setup
- You should now be able to open up Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition and see the ClearCanvas Project Templates as well as Item Templates.
Monday, 29 December 2008
Installing ClearCanvas SDK with VS2008 C# Express Edition
I have struggled for a while now to get the ClearCanvas SDK on my machine. I am not too great with Visual Studio as I am mostly a novice when it comes to Visual C#. I finally managed to get the templates to work on my machine though. This is how I did it: