Tuesday 22 April 2008

ClearCanvas Workstation 1.1

ClearCanvas Workstation 1.1 has been released. It has some handy new features which I found quite useful. Now remember I am not a radiologist so I can't comment on all the image manipulation functionality, but I will try and get some feedback from one of our radiologists as soon as I can.

From my point of view I think the new version of the workstation brings some awesome new tools to the table. For one the ability to have reference lines in studies is a huge improvement and one that I know some of our radiologists require as a standard feature.

List of new features in ClearCanvas Workstation 1.1:
  • Reference lines
  • Synchronized stacking
  • Spatial locator
  • Elliptical ROI
  • Protractor
  • Multiframe image support

Some of the tools available (Elliptical ROI, Protractor)



Spacial Locator


Reference Lines

On the whole I would like to congratulate the ClearCanvas developers for their outstanding work. I think they are going to have an amazing application. The workstation is currently on a par with others such as K-PACS (Or even better), but I think with the rapid development cycle that we have seen so far as well as the availability of the source and an SDK this workstation will very soon be able to compete with the likes of Osirix. I hope to see some 3D capabilities in the future from this exciting project. Keep up the good work guys!