- 4 x 1TB Hard Disk Drives in RAID5 Array (2.8TB) for DICOM data
- 1 x 180GB Hard Drive for operating system an applications
- Windows XP - XP Can't see a partition bigger than 1.8 TB
- Windows Vista 32bit - Vista 32bit automatically partitions the drive into 2 partions. There is no option to make a single large partition greater than about 2TB.
- Ubuntu Linux - I could not get the tools on Ubuntu to recognise the RAID array correctly. It could only get it to see about 700GB. If the disk was working I was going to use samba to share the disk and mount it as a network drive on the existing server.
- Windows Vista 64bit - Works like a dream.