So being the experimental type I have started writing a new web viewer system that plugs into Conquest Dicom Server. The system is a small scale PACS web viewer system.
Basically how it works:
- Flex application calls back end PHP scripts which connect to the database to show a work list.
- The Flex application calls a PHP script which converts images to JPG files which are then loaded into the Flex application.
- The Flex program then has some functions for basic things like brightness, contrast, flip, rotate and cine.
The system is still a work in progress as I am slowly learning the ins and outs of a new programming language and then still doing all the rest of my work which basically sees me bouncing back and forth between C#, PHP, Flex and Javascipt. Its enough to get anyones head in a spin as all these languages have slightly different syntaxes.
Anyways I expect that I should have a working prototype ready for upload onto sourceforge some time before the end of the year so keep your eyes open. I think this system is gonna be way better than my last attempt.
If anyone is interested in getting into Adobe Flex here are some links:
- Flash Develop (Opensource Flex IDE) - http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/viewforum.php?f=11
- Adobe Flex Opensource SDK - http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/flexdownloads/index.html
- Adobe Flex 3 Developer Guide - http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=Part2_DevApps_1.html