Monday 28 July 2008

UPDATE - Conquest Dicom Web Viewer

Ok so its been some time since I first posted about the web viewing system that I am making. Since then there where a lot of project under way and it sort of got filled under the pile for a while.

I have recently had some time to re-visit the web viewer and I am making some progress and I hope to have something available on Sourceforge in the next few weeks.

I have also been busy adding some more features to the system.
This is what I am working on at the moment:
  • Migrated system from IIS to Apache (WAMP)
  • Active directory authentication
  • Zip file download of series dicom data for local viewing
  • Better user management
  • System documentation
  • Updated user interface slightly
Please see my sourceforge page for screenshots of some of the user interface elements.

Features to date:
  • View patient list for the current day.
  • Search for patients on various criteria.
  • Thumbnail roll-over preview of images.
  • Download whole series dicom images in a zip file.
  • Allow only certain users to see certain patients based on Dicom tags.
  • Converts images to jpg for view in browser.
  • Usage statistics
  • System log including failed logins, image views, remote ip address, etc.
I am still looking for a decent opensource image viewer that will allow for image manipulation such as image zoom, brightness contrast, etc. To date I have not found one that is compatible with the system I am writing, but I am hopefull that something will be released soon that fits this need.