Wednesday 8 October 2008

Credit Crunch + PACS = ??

I have been trying to keep track of the whole "credit crunch" story eminating from the US sub-prime loans fiasco and how it has been affecting global markets. I have been intreeged by the fact that many "High Risk" investments have been taking a hit, for instance the local curreny where I live has hit a 6 year low against the US dollar and other major international currencies.

Now I know that I am no financial wiz or that this is not a financial blog, but I am interested to see what the knock-on effect of the whole market turmoil is going to do to the PACS market.
The PACS world seems to be in a constant state of flux with bigger vendors buying up smaller ones, rumors of some suppliers selling off thier PACS divisions and all maner of patent lawsuites that have become the flavor of the week lately.

I imagine that the PACS market is going to have to take a long hard look at itself and make some major changes if the current market situation continues.