Tuesday 4 March 2008

ClearCanvas Workstation 1.0


Well ClearCanvas Workstation is no longer a beta. I downloaded version 1.0. And I must say I am pretty impressed! They seem to have sorted out a lot of the speed issues I mentioned in my previous entry.
The system is still a little bit rough around the edges, but I expect that the ClearCanvas developers will polish out these in no time.
Some of the things that got to me a bit where:
  • You first have to download an image from the a DICOM server and then find it in your local queue before you can view it. It would be better if you could just click view and the system woul download and then display the image.
  • You cannot seem to access a Conquest server that is running the dbaseIII driver.
  • There is no option to mark studies status, i.e. read, viewed, etc.
Some of the things I like about the system:
  • It is a lot faster than the beta version I tried initially.
  • I have not managed to crash it just yet. I can crash any application :)
  • It works fine on Windows Vista.
  • The Subset of tools seems pretty good.
  • Nice and basic to setup and use.
I see there is also a DICOM server application available from ClearCanvas, I have not tested it yet, but it looks like it could be very usefull! I will give it a try in the near future and report back.